Sunday, March 29, 2015

Encasing glass beads.

It has taken me many years to figure out how to do the "all in one" aka "big swipe" (not sure what the correct term is) type of encasing, but I finally got it yesterday.  For some reason it finally clicked.  Am I proud of myself? You betch!

Basically, you let the bead cool a bit, but not enough to crack, and keeping it warm in the upper part of the flame you then melt a huge clear gather, 2 - 3 times the size of the bead, and literally let it drop onto, and swipe it on the bead. Phew!

This a small set that I have done with that type of encasing - no bubbles!!!! (or only very minimal anyway) lol.

These beads can be found on the Facebook Lampwork Bead Market.

Here is another set that is on Lampwork Bead Market too.  This was not the same type of encasing - this was partial encasing.



Thanks for dropping in.

No comments: